Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Back When There Was No PS2

I received an email recently ... about what we kids used to do back in those days when there was no such thing as PS2. Closest thing was this friggin thing called the game & watch. My favorite was still the western bar. Haha.

Ok ok ... I am old. I admit it. In fact I feel friggin' old. Especially after I read that email. What more watching transformers the other day. It reminded me ... back in those days, we were always outside playing. Hell, my parents used to resort to caning or locking me in the house and throwing the keys away just to keep me at home. But nowadays, damn kids refuse to go out and play. You probably have to cane them to get them out of the house. Kan ni neh .... Ini semua pasal itu computer and PS2.

I can try and recall as many things as possible things that kept us entertained and busy ... but this blog will be friggin long then.

Well ... one of the things we enjoyed having a laugh was fish. Fishing is one thing. Laughing at it is another. You know ... all the terrace houses has a porch and back in those days, most people have their fish tanks or aquariums outside the house. Right at the porch and parked next to it is the family car.

One of my buddy's house has this typical set up. Fish tank outside. Fishies swimming inside. Whenever I go over to his house and see his dad's or his mum's car there, I get this itchy feeling and evil gleam in my eyes. He knows it and we always run into the store room to grab 2 wires. We will run back to the porch, pop the hood and hook the wires to the car battery and the other end of the wires ..... heh heh. We hold it. One guy starts the car. The other guy slowly dips the wires into the water and we watch the fishies swim in spasms .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If not car battery ... it even works with motorcycle batteries or even normal batteries. Hell ... that big battery for those big "dolphin" torchlights also can.

Better than PS2 anytime ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this entry really bring back memories..have been trying to find the game & watch - western bar for ages now! can still remember the sound of the bar door creaking..."creak..creak...creak!!i wish i can play one now!