Friday, April 20, 2007

Professional Attendees

Once again the ugly Malaysians reared their ugly head. Honestly ... I don't know what to say anymore 'cos most of them are the older folks.
I was attending yet another annual general meeting yesterday. When the floor was opened for questions and answers, I did notice the familiar face of this shareholder whom I saw him last week at another company's annual general meeting. Hogging the mike, he started his questions. I don't know his friggin background but the questions ... gawd! You really feel like slapping him or telling him, if you think you are so good, why don't you sit up here and be the CEO or the Managing Director. What a farking jackass!
He even took time to give comments on how the directors should run the company and advising the company to build manufacturing plants based on what he see the other competitors did. He has no idea about costs, permits and consequences. He just stands up and condemns the company for not building a plant.
I took time off to pee. When I was outside the hall, I realised, this friggin AGM is like a convention for senior citizens. The entire hall was just packed with old folks. All waiting for the AGM to finish just so that they get the lunch. I came back from the toilet, and the same idiot is still asking questions. Fark! He even started questioning the company over international accounting standards. Real asshole.
The company made a big mistake as well. They were in the food and beverage industry and displayed hell of a lot of their products at the hall during the AGM. Guess what? One joker, a former teacher of a high school, stood up and commented that the products should be given away to the shareholders. Helps save the company from carting it all back. The chairman of the company was gracious to allow that.
The other AGM I attended, it was the usual shit. When lunch was served buffet style, you see all these shareholders fighting to get the food. Its like everyone rushing into a Bus Mini. What's worse, some even brought plastic containers to "tah pau" lunch.
I feel embarassed ...

No comments: