Thursday, March 15, 2007

Marrying a Foreigner Part IV

Immigration. I love immigration. I love immigration.
Thursday, 15 March. The day I decided to go to the immigration. I have the forms. Spent weeks trying to figure out ... how to fill the forms. Should be simple right? Yes. .. it looked simple but I was worried. Worried for technicalities. Worried for things like, you should write in caps. It should be type written. Not hand written. It must be blue ink. etc etc
We woke up at 530am. Grabbed quick breakfast and headed over to Shah Alam. Arrived at 7am. I thought .. should be alright. I was so wrong. The line was already friggin long. We were all lined up in a corridor. Wifey and I just sat down on the floor and made ourselves comfortable. Initially it was ok ... but after a while when there were more people, the air became stale and stuffy. My wifey was beginning to feel woozy. Me ... I thought to myself, all it takes is one joker to fart a stinker and we are all dead.
There were a lot of people in the queue. Hundreds. But what I was curious was that my dad's understanding from putrajaya was that they process the filipinos over here in Shah Alam. But the people I saw were mostly from Indonesia. In fact ... almost the entire corridor was just packed with Indonesians. I have to thank this big fat Indonesian lady. Reminds me of Big Momma - the movie, Martin Lawrence? Big Momma's House? She was very vocal whenever some jerk tried to cut queue. They will just pretend to be stupid, deaf or dumb and just try to stand in the line somewhere. This lady enforcer will just yell at them to get lost. Haha.
The doors opened and we were allowed to go in 5 by 5 people. Showed the counter my forms and I was given a number. We went to find a seat and got comfortable .. thinking that its gonna be a very long day. A couple of hours later, our number was called. We went to the counter, submitted our forms and were told, "ok, that's it"
I was like ... Huh? That's it what?
That's it you can go back.
Go back? What about the visa?
The officer looked at me. You just submitted a form. Its now pending approval.
Errr .... I thought its all in one day?
She looked at me ... No. You have to wait.
Erm ... how long?
Between 2 - 3 weeks. Or more.
Ok .... so you all will call me?
No. You have to come back here to follow up.
I didn't dare ask anymore questions. She looked annoyed already. Sighs ... wifey and I went home wondering what's gonna happen next.

No comments: