Friday, March 16, 2007

Marrying a Foreigner Part V

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!
Check out the news today. Announced that foreign spouses will be given 5 year visas.
But I am skeptical. Why? Look ... they did say its subject to validity of the foreign spouse's passport. How many passports you know has validity period of more than 5 years? If your passport's validity is 3 years, they will only grant you up to 3 years.
Really? I am still very skeptical. I am worried. What's the catch? Any terms and conditions attached? Does it apply to every foreign spouse? Or to certain nationalities only? How come some people I spoke to last time were only given 3 months visa + another 3 months visa, then 6 months visa, then another 6 months visa and finally 1 year visa. And all this while, they said foreign spouses will be given 1 year visa instead of the monthly visas etc. I still see people going through that 3 months, 6 months visa thingy.
I can only wait and see .... hopefully its as good as it looks. My only problem is taking time off to go to the immigration. Its not easy for me to take time off ... not easy at all ...

No comments: