Wednesday, July 12, 2006

True?

I don't know if some of you has received through emails or read some blogs who commented on some of the movie sub-titles. I remember one where Star Wars was shown in China and the English sub-titles were all wrong and it was really funny reading it.
I must admit that some of our Malaysian sub-titles can be funny as well. But ... it's really embarassing too. For instance, go and check it out and see if its true. Whether its really Made In Malaysia. Forgive me but I assume that it was made in Malaysia.
From a pirated copy of the movie Pirates of the Carribean 2, I noticed that it was "recorded" inside a cinema. Presumably recorded last Saturday. Ok ... that is "very normal".
But the sub-titles ... sighs. You want to know how bad it is? Captain Jack Sparrow in bahasa is known as Kapten Jack Pipit. Go check it out. Again, before all of you kill me ... I am only assuming that it was "Made in Malaysia". Comments anyone??? Those who watched it last saturday ... true? Really called Kapten Jack Pipit???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It could also be from Indonesia. They translate more stuff literally than us.