Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6 Jun 06

666. With all the hype about 666 and the release of the remake of the classic movie, the Omen I can't resist but to tell this story. Well, to be honest, I can't remember if I have blogged about it but I have told this story many times. This is one of the few encounters I have had with them.
I was at this camp where one of the girls passed out and had to be carried out. This was at night and being one of the members of headquarters, I was entitled to special privileges of knowing what's going on. The girl was placed in the middle of a hut and all her friends sat around her in a circle. All of them wore erm... the white colored tudung and were just chanting prayers away, their bodies swaying left and right as they chant. That made the atmosphere freaking eery. Its dark with only lights from a fluourescent tube powered by a generator, chanting of prayers by a group of girls sitted in a circle swaying their bodies left and right as they chant and their friend passed out lying in the middle of the circle.
I stood by to watch and hearing those chants just made my hair stood up behind my neck. Just then, one of the chiefs called me and asked me to take my motorcycle and look for an old timer that lives near the campsite. Damn... each time we call Pakcik to come, it means trouble. I jumped onto my bike and rode to his house. He was home and after listening to what happened, he went back in, changed and rode pillion with me. As we rode back to campsite, he kept telling me all these young people nowadays have no respect for the spirits.
When Pakcik walked up to the circle of girls, he again asked them what happened. They told him that during dinner, for no reason, this girl went into a trance and then went hysterical... running and screaming before passing out. With that, Pakcik shook his head... went up to the girl and sat beside her. He asked for a glass of water. He recited some prayers over the glass of water and sprinkled some water over the girl and called out "Assalamualaikum!".
No response. I thought to myself... cool... what's gonna happen next? Pakcik recited prayers again and again sprinkled water over the girl and called out again, "Assalamualaikum!" Still no response. All kinds of imagination ran through my head, especially images from scenes from Exorcist. Haha. She might start to barf!! I took a few steps back in case I have to run. Heehee. Seeing that there was no response, Pakcik recited prayers again over the glass of water...
And for the third time, Pakcik sprinkled water over the girl. He called out again, "ASSALAMUALAIKUM!!" The girl's eyes opened. Bright Red in color. And with a deep voice of a man, she spoke ... "WALAIKUMSALAM..."
Whoa .... its either this girl has some serious vocal issues or that's really someone else talking through her. I then heard Pakcik asking him, who is he, where is he from and why is he "disturbing" the girl. Man oh man, was the spirit pissed. He complaint about trespass and disrespect. The girl sat up and the spirit looked around. All of us whom were spectators took more steps back. Pakcik then asked all of us to leave. There's some negotiating to be done. We left. The next morning we were told to buy a goat, chicken etc for Pakcik. He has work to do ...

No comments: