Monday, September 26, 2005

Air-Con

I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology but somebody, please help me to understand this.
Moron complaint to me that computer in her room is very noisy to the extent that she has to turn off her computer whenever she needs to think. I turned it on and it was fine. Half an hour later Moron called me back into her room and asked me to listen. Yup, there was definitely the loud whirring sound of a fan. So I said, "Oh, its just the fan cooling your cpu". Moron went "what fan?" "Errr ... there is a fan in your tower casing. It is suppose to cool your cpu?" I said. Moron exclaimed, "there is fan?! wow ... but its too loud and noisy."
"Of course its loud and noisy. Your room is friggin warm. Look, your a/c is set at 26. Its practically blowing hot air. And because your room temperature is warm, the fan has to work harder to cool your cpu down" I explained.
"Its not warm! Its cool in here" Moron said defensively.
"Look, why don't we set your a/c to 20?"
"NO! It will be freezing in here."
"Suit yourself. If you see smoke coming out of your cpu, means its overheating and on fire"
"Really? I should change the remote's batteries then."
"Huh?" I was really confused by then. "the remote's batteries?"
"Yeah. I think my a/c remote's batteries are weak. If I use the remote outside (there is another a/c remote outside her room), my a/c is cooler. So, previously, I've asked admin to change the batteries in my a/c remote and the air will be cooler" Moron explained confidendently.
"????????" I was just speechless. Technology is just way to far ahead for me to comprehend. You change the batteries and the air becomes cooler?

No comments: