Monday, August 08, 2005

The Trials and Tribulations of a Color Blind Cow

Last week, there was one set of documents to be bound urgently. Not just any binding but hard cover binding. Must look presentable. And somehow, I was asked to send the documents to the binders to get it done. Grumble grumble … of all the people, they had to send me. I tried to weasel my way of it and said “But I am color blind. I won’t know what color to choose for the covers”. “Don’t worry” was the answer. “Just choose black and the letterings should be in gold color. We’ve called the photocopy shop and told the lady there what we wanted. So, don’t worry. Nothing could go wrong”

Armed with that knowledge, I drove to the photocopy shop. Nothing could go wrong. Nothing could go wrong. Nothing could go wrong.

At the photocopy shop, I handed the bundle of documents to the lady. Erm … we called earlier …?

Yes, yes. The hard cover binding. What color you want?

Huh? Didn’t we tell you on the phone we wanted black color?

Yes yes. She then took out a chart on put it on the photocopier machine in front of her. Which black you want? This black? Or This one? Or this one?

Farrrrrrrrrkkkkk …. I mumbled to myself. How many farking blacks can there be? Err… just black color will do?

Yah yah, but which black?

Tiu loh … I sighed to myself. Errr … aren’t they all the same?

Photocopy lady looked at me with a funny look. Ey mister, hurry up lah. I very busy you know.

Tembaklah. I pointed to the one of the colors on the chart. This one! I said confidently.

OI!!! That one purple lah. You want black or purple now. You want to play play you go next door okay?!

Embrassed, I told her, Sorry sorry. I am color blind. I cannot see the colors.

OI!!! I told you already. You want to be funny, you go next door.

Sighs .. this is not working. Okay, which black again? I asked meekly.

This, this or this? She jabbed the color chart so hard I swear she could be poking holes into the cardboard chart with the fingers.

I jabbed my finger on one of the boxes she pointed. She mumbled something and scribbled something on a piece of paper.

Okay. Letterings?

Gold!

She flipped the color chart. This gold or this gold? Or this one? Or … This one? Her finger moved so damn friggin fast I didn’t see which boxes she pointed. All looked the same to me …

I pointed to one of the box. This one?

She stared at me. I swear to you, if she was holding my balls, she would have crushed it as if she was cracking walnuts with a nut cracker. That one yellow. You want gold or yellow now …? She fumed.

Sighs … here we go again … And they tell me nothing could wrong ….

Moral of the story: NEVER EVER SEND A COLOR BLIND COW ON A MISSION TO DO HARD COVER BOOK BINDING.

No comments: