Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dumb Ass

The kind of dumb farks we have working in the corporate world today. A client of mine requested for my email address and I requested my secretary to just call him up and tell him my email address over the phone. My secretary could not get hold of him and my client’s secretary answered the phone instead. The following were part of the phone conversation I overheard …

My sec: Hello?

His sec: …. (I don’t know what his secretary said, so you guys can just assume what she said)

My sec: Your boss needed this email address. Do you have a pen and paper now.

His sec: ….

Long silence on my sec’s part. I could see her drumming her fingers on the table.

My sec: okay. Its lembu@dtw.com.my

His sec: …

My sec: No No. @ as in the alias sign and not add. (sighs)

His sec: …

My sec: its dtw …

His sec: …

My sec: denmark, Thailand, whiskey

His sec: …

My sec: No. No. its D for denmark. T for Thailand. W for whiskey (shakes head)

His sec: ….

My sec: ok ok. Wait. Its lembu@dtw. D for denmark, T for Thailand, W for whiskey

His sec: …

My sec: ok. So its lembu@dtw.com.my

His sec: …

My sec: NOOOOOO!!!! Its not “dot”. Just that full stop mark.

His sec: ….

My sec: Yes, I did say “dot” but its not that. You just put a full stop mark. Then full stop. Then my.

His sec: …

My sec: Yes. Just “m” “y”. That’s all. Thank you. Bye. (after putting down the phone, she screamed …. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!)

Needless to say, I was laughing really hard in my room by then.

No comments: