Monday, April 25, 2005

Kena Trick

Nature had some fun with me over the weekend. On Saturday, I got a text message from Big Man to play basketball at 5. So I went down a little earlier and stopped at Pandi's for a teh tarik. Black came and joined me and next thing we know, there was a huge thunderstorm, complete with friggin heavy rain and lightning. Scared the shit out of Black's daughter.
Half an hour later, it was still raining. So we decided to go home. It kept raining until I reached Puchong. There were some huge rain clouds gathered and still feeling restless, I thought of going for a light jog despite my screwed up knee giving me problems. But decided not to after looking at them rain clouds and lightning. By nightfall, it didn't rain. Not a drop. And I was still restless. Sighs. Should've taken the light jog.
On Sunday, it was hot and sunny. And yup, I thought I could work out my restlessness. Put on my shoes, strapped up my knee and jogged off lightly. 5 minutes later, rain clouds gathered. Nah, even if it rains, it won't be that fast. 10 minutes later, the sky grew really dark. Strong winds. Lightning. Tiu. This better don't be one of those trick Malaysian weather where rain will just fall any minute. I jogged faster. Tiu. Knee hurts like hell. 15 minutes later, all the signs of a huge storm were warning me to farking run faster. And ran I did. I felt some light drizzle with strong winds. Lightning flashed like some horror movie flick. Tiu. Run!!!!! I managed to reach back home, panting like a dog. Knee burning with pain 'cos I ran too fast.
It drizzled for about 10 minutes. Half an hour later, still no freaking rain. Nothing. Nada. One hour later, the clouds cleared. The whole night, no friggin rain. In fact, it was warm and humid as hell. And I ran like a gila babi thinking I would get soaking wet. Kena trick! Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

No comments: