Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Appendicitis

I’ve had appendicitis sometime last year. I remember it was during the Chinese New Year … if I wasn’t wrong the 7th day of CNY. The night before, I went to bed as usual but sometime around 3am, I had stomach ache. I cursed. I thought must be something I ate. The pain became unbearable and I went to the toilet. I was shitless. Damn. First time I have a stomach ache, there was no shit. I’ve had an experience of severe food poisoning before and I thought this was another severe attack. I took some charcoal pills but vomited it out. Then I took “Poh Chai Yun”, again I vomited it out. Damn. I tried to lied down but knowing I had to be in court the next morning, I decided to drive out to the nearest 24-hour clinic for a fast remedy.

My nightmare started at the clinic. There was this woman whom I presumed was the nurse who opened the door after I almost broke the glass door after the frantic knocking. She came out in a daze and asked what did I want. Fark. Felt like saying I nak rompak (I want to rob) but with so much pain, I just said doctor. I was ushered into a room where this guy seated behind a desk was fast asleep. The woman woke him up and he looked really dazed. Asked me what’s wrong and I told him all the signs and symptoms that I have. Pundek didn’t say anything and was trying to write something. I told him it might be food poisoning or whatever and asked if he could checked. Bangsat monkey just reached out with his hand and touched my stomach, wrote something. As he was writing, he seemed to be dozing off again. I thought to myself, my God!!! I am gonna die!!!!

I then asked him if he could give me a jab to reduce the pain so that I can work. He nodded and mumbled something to the nurse. Nurse then asked me to lie down on bed and while waiting for a jab to my ass .. I saw the bangsat monkey doctor dozing off already. The nurse was the one preparing the jab. That’s it! I thought to myself. I am really going to farking die!!!! The nurse gave me a jab and I got out to take my medication. Monkey doctor still sleeping. When I got home to take the medication, I still vomited out everything.

By 5am, I can hardly lie down straight. I was curled up like a prawn. I suspected the worse. Appendicitis! I decided to lie down as straight as possible. It was agony. Pressed my lower right abdomen … OW! But my whole abdomen is already aching and all cramped up from the pain. To be sure, I tried to lift my legs … OW! OW! OW! Tiu … I got up, got into my car and drove to the nearest hospital … 15 minutes away. Walked into the emergency ward … jumped onto the bed and told the M.O. there I have appendicitis. He checked, and true enough it was appendicitis. I was wheeled in immediately and operated on. Stayed one night in the hospital and I was out the next morning. The following week, I was swimming in the sea off Bintan Island. I am never going to go to that 24 hour clinic again ..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA, the BANJIR story is really good. I have problems with public toilets too and it happens quite often - The flush doesn't work. You know, where you happily dump your goods and then press the lever and.....nothing. You hear the sad thunk of the empty water tank and there you have it. Leave the toilet in disgrace with your goods for the next person to discover...SIGH! It's even worse when it's period time! Can you imagine the Banjir context in this case? PERIOD TSUNAMI wooooo!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ay... which clinic did you go to, ah? They dont know how to detect appendicitis ah... wat if you have ebola then? Would they be able to detect it if you had blood seeping out of all orifices?

Han.

Anonymous said...

i think i know which clinic la... and which hospital too la... must ask you when i next chat... should due the dr... if it's the one i think, they probably learnt from you cos my uncle went there in the middle of the night with the same prob and the dr drove him personally to the hospital... he must've been closer to death cos his appendix actually ruptured...

Len

Alarico Adalbert said...

It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...
It is cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cured. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like, Herpes, Parkinson, Diabetes, Hepatitis, Syndrome, Cancers, HIV, Epilepsy, Infertility, and any kind of disease & Infections Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching, honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..