Saturday, February 26, 2005

Sigh ...

I was just blogging about "Apathi" the other day when yesterday my own colleague decided to be another dumb fark.

This colleague is a very senior in her field of work (about 9 years standing) and she is supposedly to be very good with her English. Well, she acts snobbish and high and mighty all the friggin time and is always seen carrying a novel or a book. So the assumption is that she is good with her English. Besides, she was always correcting my language especially when I speak Manglish. By the way, she is the exact replica of Popeye's other half, Olive Oyl except for her hair. Looks like a bunch of mangled thin steel wires on her head. Worse than the Kalahari Bushmen's hair.

Anyway, it was yesterday when the entire office was having lunch together and someone brought up the topic of our Malaysia Boleh government's money collection efforts.

Me: ... yeah, since they can't collect anymore from traffic offenders, I guess they are now focusing on a new target ... student loans.

Olive Oyl: Nooooooo....! You would be surprised. They will have some kind of Oops here and another Oops there to collect the money from the traffic offenders.

Oops? What Oops? What da fark is this bitch talking about? I thought to myself.

Me: errr... i don't think they can collect anymore? everyone has kinda paid up?

Olive Oyl: Even if they have paid up, they will always conduct some Oops to catch these people.

Damn. She said Oops again. So there was nothing wrong with my hearing.

Me: errr... what Oops are you talking about?

Olive Oyl (Looking aghast): Haven't you been reading the papers? The police always have these Oops. You know ... like the ones for traffic called Oops Sikap...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....! I howled with laughter.

Me: Ops is it? Oops pulak! Its Ops lah. As in Operations. Oops when you make mistake!Hahahahahahahaha ....

And guess what? She got angry at me for that ... tibais!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime you walk past her, sing "Oops I did it again! I messed up my English, the fool that I am! Ooo baby baby..."

Hahahahahah!!

Anonymous said...

"No Charge Online Advertising Channels For Any Business"

Anonymous said...

You'd like via an unsubscribe link at the end of Each Newsletter Publication.

Anonymous said...

Just wish to say your article is as astounding.

The clearness in your post is just great and i can
assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your
permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated
with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.


Here is my web-site - Emelia Sereno