Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

I hope 2004 was a good year for everyone. Even though 2004 ended on a really sad note with the tsunami that hit South Asia, I really do hope that everyone has had a good moment in 2004. It doesn't have to be good for the entire 2004, but at least some good that came out of it.
I celebrated the new year in a loser kind of way. Just stayed at home. On my way home from dinner with my family, I could see clubs and pubs preparing for the party and the countdown. Wondering how some people could still celebrate with such enthusiasm when more than 100,000 people has died due to the tsunami. Better still, imagine rotting corpse floating around your town. Guys, sorry to make this new year blog sound so farking gloomy, just wanted to make those farking party animals last nite feel something.
My brother's an air steward and on his way back yesterday, his flight took a lower flight over Banda Acheh. He came home with much enthusiasm to help out and donate stuff and we got some things going. From the air, Banda Acheh was just a huge pile of rubbish dump. It looks exactly like the rubbish dumps we have in KL. Quote and unquote my brother, "you might as well erase Banda Acheh from the world map".
If any of you are reading this, I hope you have somehow, someway contributed something. May God blessed the souls of the perished. May those who have lost their loved ones have the strength to move on with their lives.
And to the rest of you, Happy New Year! May your year be filled with more wealth, prosperity and most importantly, good health.

No comments: