Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Close 2 Heaven Part VIII

THE WEDDING. We were among the first that arrived at church. Not that we were kiasu or anything but we needed to make sure that we know what we were doing before we farked up our friend’s wedding. Decided to try to run by the entire entourage thingie by ourselves. Besides, Wor Siong wasn’t there for rehearsal. We were just showing Wor Siong where we will be walking in and where to stop and what he was suppose to do. Good thing too as we managed to catch hold of the wedding organizer and got him to tell us again what to do.

After that, it was just photo session at the front of the church. After much smiling and photo shots, we heard someone yelling to get ready. The church didn’t look full but the wedding’s starting. We kinda scrambled to our positions and at the same time looking for our partners. I was helping my buddies to look for their partners and at the same time, I was calling out, where’s my partner. And next thing I know, I hear, “I’m here, I’m here!” And it was K, my co-emcee. Ha ha. Ok. Cool. And she looked hot too. The entourage began to walk in and I was still trying to help Wor Siong out as his partner wasn’t there. When it was almost his turn to walk in, he was still standing alone looking shit worried. I tried to ask one of B’s relative to stand in for him but she didn’t want to. Next thing I know, J stood in for Wor Siong’s partner. That sneaky bastard! He had this great big smile on his face that afternoon. As if he just got laid by Jlo.

Not sure whether I have mentioned this before but Stimpy and I were the groomsmen and our seat was at the right side of the church. When Z and B walked in and took their wedding vows, Stimpy started to cry. Wat da fark?!!!

Me: Hey, you ok?

Stimpy: sniff! yeah.

Me: hey, stop being such a wuss.

Stimpy: sniff! can’t help it man. Its this wedding thingie. Makes me think of my wife and my wedding.

Me: hey, stop it man… I feel like crying now….

Us groomsmen just stood there and watched the whole wedding thingie. I was kinda falling asleep. Not because I don’t have respect for the church or not interested in the wedding, just that all those late nights are really taking a toll on me. Not to mention all the beers we have been drinking. Just that morning itself I’ve had 4 cans of beer. Watching the priest in his robes kinda made me think that they look like some elves high priests in LOTR. Too bad those robes don’t have hoods. It would be cool that they have hoods. Half imagined that the priests would leap out with swords drawn. The ring bearer boy shall be Frodo. Did notice a few guests who can pass off as Uruk-hai (for some of you, Uruk-hai are the Orcs!). Ha ha. This is fun.
The entire entourage had easy duties during the ceremony except for Wor Siong. He was the candle boy and the damn candle on Z's side kept going out. Wor Siong had to at least walk up to the altar three times to relight the candle. Should've brought a farking flame thrower and torced the damn thing.

Was looking around for more LOTR characters when Richie reminded us that we have to wait at the front of the church to throw coins as the wedding ceremony was almost over. Throw Coins? At who? I asked. “Not who you silly. Just throw it up in the air” Oh …

While we were waiting for the groom and bride at the entrance, a large crowd has gathered. Gold coins were given. There were two doves. T was holding one of them. I almost scared the shit of the dove when I tried to bite its head off. When the couple came walking out, I had to exercised great restraint from throwing the coins at the groom. His bald head makes very good target practice. Heh heh. Next thing I know, everyone was scrambling on the floor picking up the coins. There was this kid picking coins so fast with his hands he looked like an ant-eater with its snout sucking up the coins instead of ants. I was wondering who the kid was and was told he was just some street kid. Next thing I saw, pundek was holding one of the doves in his hands. Dumb ass dove didn’t fly away when released. Actually came flying back and landed on the floor of the church and was caught by the kid. Everyone kept asking the kid to release the dove but he just ran away while holding on to the dove.

After that, it was more and more photo shoots and we were told that we need to get back to the hotel in a hurry to prepare for the reception.

No comments: