Friday, September 21, 2007

The Tele-Marketeer

Whoa ... I have not blogged for a while. Been busy with facebook. Damn thing is friggin addictive. So ... kinda neglected this blog for a bit.

I had one of the worse telemarketeer calling me yesterday. You know, those guys or gals that calls you from banks or credit card companies? Well, this one is quite a champion ...

Caller: Hello Sir.

Me: Yes?

Caller: (mumbled) here

Me: Huh?

Caller: (mumble) (mumble)

Me: Sorry. who are you?

Caller: Siva here. Siva. Siva.

Me: Siva?

Caller: Yes sir. Siva from xxxx bank sir.

Me: Ok .....?

Caller: Ah Sir, can I talk to you?

Me: errrr .... you are already talking to me?

Caller: Sorry sir, are you busy?

Me: No. Please talk.

Caller: Sir, we got personal loan. You want or not?

Me: (laughing to myself) sorry ... WHAT loan?

Caller: Personal loan sir. you want or not?

Me: Hello! you calling from bank or Ah Long?

Caller: No no. Not ah long sir. Bank sir.

Me: But the way you ask macam like ah long like that.

Caller: No sir. We are bank sir. So you want loan or not?

Me: Its ok. No thank you. Bye bye.

I can't believe this guy. Did the bank or his supervisors actually teach him how to speak to people over the phone? Farks .... you want loan or not. Well, at least he got straight to the point.

No comments: