Friday, July 21, 2006

Karma?

Karma. You believe in it? No? Well ... in a way I do. That has stopped me from dissing people or making fun of people. Or ... at least I try to stop making fun of people. Simple reason ... for fear that it will come back to me.
For example ... I have this disdain or cynical outlook on Ah Bengs. And yes.. in some of my blogs, I have made fun of them and also, in some of my blogs, these Ah Bengs have actually come to my rescue. It has been fun but Karma really knows how to strike you when you least know it ...
The day after blogging on Ah Beng's email, my boss came into my room. "Ey Lembu, the firm has a treat for all the execs" he says.
I was excited ... ooooooh... and I thought to myself, a company trip to Europe??? I looked up coolly and pretending to be nonchalant I said, "oh, that's great. so where are we going"
"We bought you guys tickets to go watch Ah Beng" He smiled such a proud smile.
Me. I was .... .... .... .... speechless? Horrified? Shocked? Scared shitless? I mean, What da fark??!!! You have to buy tickets to watch Ah Beng??? Great! You mean they are now in some kinda cage or are they behind some kinda glass enclosure. Haha. That would be cool. But still, to pay to watch them? I mean, come on!!! Go Sungai Wang! You'd be farking surrounded by them. Ah Bengs and Ah Lians. But why da fark I wanna go watch Ah Beng? But if you tell me to go watch Ah Lian ... maybe I can still reconsider.
My boss looked at me. "Why? You don't like?"
"Well, to be honest ... what da hell are we doing looking at Ah Bengs? I mean its fun to make fun of them ..."
Before I could finish ... my boss, "OI LEMBU!!! Ah Beng as in the Broadway Musical Ah Beng lah!!! Suppose to be a damn good musical comedy!!!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT?????!!!!!!"
"you don't like musicals? Come on, you'll be cultured"
Groannnnnnnnn.... This must be karma. I don't know which is worse. Looking at Ah Bengs or watching a Ah Beng Broadway Musical... I must repent. I must repent. I must repent ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what kind of cock musical is that lah?