Friday, February 03, 2006

Jaws

I was swimming at the club the other day when I noticed this guy taking out this big folded plastic thingy from his bag. Then he took out a foot pump, inserted a tube connected from the pump into the plastic thingy and started pressing on the foot pedal, pumping air into the plastic thingy. I swam another lap and back and he was still pumping away. His son about 7 years old was standing next to him, watching intently at the plastic thingy. As more air got into it, I realised what it was. It was one of those float thingy (don't know what the fark you call it) but this one comes in the shape of a shark. I smiled to myself. Cool.
I swam another lap and rested. I am getting so friggin unfit. I rested by the side of the pool and continued to watch the dad and son pumping air into the shark float. Once completed, the boy grabbed the shark (kinda like a kid hugging this huge tree trunk), ran towards the kiddy pool, threw the shark in and he jumped in.
Next thing I know, I heard screams of fear from a little girl. I looked around. Fark. Don't tell me someone has drowned or drowning. I looked at the lifeguards. One of them was running towards the screams. From screams, it became hysterical crying. I got out of the pool and walked towards the kiddy pool.
Damn...., poor little girl was pointing at the shark and crying away. She must've watched too many shark movies. Poor girl. My first reaction was to laugh but had to really bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing out loud. Her dad was in the pool carrying her out and she was still crying and sobbing away. Her dad was telling her its fake and walked up to the shark and hit the shark with his hands but the girl screamed more!!! Haha. The kid with the shark looked really baffled by the girl and pulled the shark away from being beaten further. It was quite a funny sight. The boy shrugged and continued playing with the shark. The father of the boy walked up to the father of the little girl and he appeared to be apologising but the guy was either not listening or just wasn't interested in the apology.
I went back to my side of the pool. Swam a few more lazy laps and next thing I saw, the kid walked to the deck chair, took out his bag and took out another plastic thingy from his bag!!! Haha. His shark was still floating in the kiddy pool and some other kids seem to like it. He pestered his dad to pump air into the other float and he seemed to be telling him that he already has the shark in the pool. After more pestering, the foot pump was put to work again and guess what ... another shark. Haha. Now there's 2 sharks in the water. The little girl was no where to be found. The second shark was thrown into the kiddy pool and there were more screams. Not in fear but in delight. One kid was holding one shark by the tail and another kid was holding the other shark by the tail. Both were attempting a lightsaber duel with the sharks. Haha...

No comments: