Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Change

Whew... Been a marathon of work work work and work the past few weeks. I still don't see an end to it. Anyway, couple of weeks back, I was working on a Saturday and was royally late for a basketball game. It was already six and I was still in the office. My buddies were already leaving abuses on my cell phone. Rushing out of office, I drove like a speed demon to the court.
At the traffic lights, I thought I had a light bulb moment. Why not change while I wait? GREAT IDEA! I looked to the right side of my car. Lane was empty. I pulled off my shirt and put on my jersey. Then I started unbuckling my belt and was halfway removing my jeans when my other half called ...
K: helooooo cow, watcha doing?
Me: Erm, changing in my car?
K: what??? are you still driving?
Me: No-lah. (I placed the fone between my face and my shoulder and continued to try and remove one leg of the jeans) M at traffic light mah...
K: hahahaha. what happens when the light turns green?
Me: SHHHHHH!!!! Don't Jinx it!
Just then I heard cars honking. Oh Shit. It is GREEN LIGHT. Tiu... "U!!! U JINXED IT!!!"
K: hahahahaha
I stepped on it and stopped at another traffic light 50m away. I was still on the fone and was lifting up one leg trying to desperately to remove that leg of the jeans when a 4x4 stopped beside me with an aunty looking down at me. I looked back at her and smiled. She gave me that disgusted look and asked the driver to look at me. The driver, presumably her husband looked and I waved. He gave me the thumbs up!!! LOL!!!
The damn lights changed and by the time I got to the court, I still have not changed from jeans to shorts. I stopped my car, opened the door and stepped out of my car with my jeans, half a leg of it still on. So much for my light bulb moment.

No comments: