Thursday, December 01, 2005

Runny Nose

What started as a sneeze the day before yesterday turned worse yesterday. I continued sneezing yesterday morning and by lunch time, it got worse. Having learnt my lesson, I avoided sneezing onto my monitor.
By lunch time I was sneezing so farking much, my nose was sore and I was sure that in my next sneeze, my mad cow brains would have come out with the rest of the snot and boggers. And despite all that sneezing, my nose was blocked and I was breathing through my mouth. I decided to see a doctor and instead of going home after that, I took the anti histamines and continued working.
The anti-histamines worked. I stopped sneezing. The blockage cleared. I could breathe better. BUT then again, my next nightmare started. By clearing the blockage, all the thick snots and boogers became really diluted and started flowing smoothly out of my nostrils onto my keyboard, my table, my hands, my chair, my pants, my dick ... Farks! Its like a leaking faucet. Sighs... you get what I mean. Here I was working and rushing out the next work when you feel it just about to flow out of your nose and by the time you grab a tissue to stop it, too late... one large drop would have gone splat onto your keyboard.
Now .. I have a monitor still spotted with all my snots and boogers and my keyboard wet with my ... snots and boogers too (albeit in a more diluted form).

No comments: