Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Gifts

The mad cow has been really busy toiling the fields the past few days. Some buddies of mine thought I’ve finally given up on blogging and claimed that they were right that my blogging won’t last. On the contrary, the mad cow was merely busy with work. I’ve always maintained that I am blogging for the fun of it and only when I can find some time to blog.

Xmas is drawing near and like every other year, I have to shop for gifts for my bloodsuckers office people. I am your typical guy. I am not particularly fond of shopping. If I want a shirt, I just walk into a store that sells shirts and get one. I don’t care whether its nicer here or cheaper elsewhere etc. I don’t walk around like a nomad in the desert wandering from store to store looking for the right shirt with the right price.

As for the xmas gifts, I am clueless as to what to buy for them leeches colleagues. Like every other year, I am lost, clueless and devoid of ideas. Well, if I have a lot of money, I know what to buy them. But with limited budget, that’s where the problem starts.

I stopped by a mall yesterday and ran into a pharmacy yesterday to buy some tapes. While browsing for the tapes, I came across tubes and tubes of Shaping Cream which were on SALE! It says on the tube, oxygenated shaping body scrub – reshapes, restructures & smoothens. Immediately it reminds me of the fat well built amoebas in my office. They come in so many different shapes and sizes with so much water retained in them bodies, I gleefully picked out a few tubes and paid for it at the cashier.

When I got home, I proudly and smugly told my other half that I have bought the PERFECT gifts for some of me colleagues. She, on the other hand told me, Cow, you must be MAD!!!!!!!! When you give them their gifts, wear bullet proof vest, body armour and a helmet. Trust me, YOU NEED THOSE!

What’s wrong with my gifts? I thought they were very practical gifts. HMPH!

No comments: