Thursday, December 15, 2005

Communication Skills

I always have this problem with saying the right things at the right time.

Not too long ago, I bumped into a couple whom are my buddies as well.

Me: Hey guys!

Guy & Gal: Hey Cow. How are you?

Me: Good! Good! Hey …. Congrats!!!

Guy & Gal: Errr… thanks? On what?

I pointed to her tummy, “When is the baby due? Boy or Girl”

Gal: Ey COW! You want to become steak is it?

Me: Huh? Whylah?

Guy: Errr… that’s because she is not pregnant?

Me: Oh shit … SOWEEEE!!!!!!

And I thought I have learned my lesson well. Yesterday, I bumped into another couple as well …

Me: Helooooooooooo!!! Heh Heh! How’s life?

Guy & Gal: Great! How about you?

Me: Good! Hey … look at you, been putting on some weight haven’t you?

Gal: Errr… I am pregnant?

Guy: You a bit blind eh?

Me: Ooooops …

No comments: