Thursday, August 12, 2004

Accidents

A lady friend of mine who is a lawyer met with an accident yesterday. She lost concentration for a while and was too close to the car in front of her and as usual, front car stopped and she rammed into the back of the car in front which is a Honda Civic. She drives an Iswara and there was no damage to her car at all. But the Civic's bumper dropped a little and the groove (or whatever you called it) snapped on the right hand side. Driver of the Civic stepped out and it turned out that he is also a fellow member of the Bar. Since he was rushing to court, they agreed to settle things later and off they went.
Couple of hours later, he called her and told her he has sent the Civic to a Honda workshop and quoted RM650 for repairs. Naturally my friend's jaws dropped. They argued over the phone and my friend suggested he go to another Honda workshop to get another quote. They agreed to meet at the workshop to sort things out and my friend asked me to accompany her there.
We drove to the Honda workshop and met the guy there. We got in and I took a quick look at him, tall, dark not really handsome, wears glasses, looked like your typical average Joe but his face a bit lan si (translation = arrogant). I shook his hand and said "wassup".and he didn't even said anything and went straight to the point, "so, how now, are you going to pay or not?" From that moment, I decided to name him Cibai Bin (Translation = Cunt Face)
Friend: What is the quote like here?
Cibai Bin: Here is the quote.
Gave the quote to my friend and I knew from my friend's expression this place cost more. Came up to RM1000 ++. I decided to take a look at the Civic and yep, true, the groove snapped and I was just walking around the car and this dude who was lighting up a cigarette spoke to me:
Dude: Low Sai, lei chong kah? (Translation = Boss, you hit is it?")
Me: Mow lar. Pang Yau chong (Translation = Nope. Friend hit)
Dude: Tiu kau hei, Lan Si lan yong. Ching fan pei hei. Yee pat man cheh. Sei chai oi san bumper. Mou pei hei. Tiu hei. (Translation = Fuck him. Arrogant only. Fix it back for him. Only 200 bucks. Bastard wants a new bumper. Don't give it to him. Fuck him)
With that I went in again and tried to talk to him.
Me: Dude, can we compromise, it can be fixed. We will repair it for you, But replacing it with a brand new bumper is too much already.
Cibai Bin: Look, the groove has snapped. It is not possible to fix back.
Cibai Bin, being a lawyer, then decided to give me a lecture on the anatomy of a Civic.
Me: Look, your car is an old car, 7 years? We will fix your bumper. You should not gain from this. In the first place, we have already compromised by coming to a Honda workshop. Any mudguard shop can fix it.
Cibai Bin: Look, you hit me. I did not ask to be hit. And my car has always been serviced by Honda. You are the one who is in the wrong. I am not gaining from this but you hit me, you replace the bumper. I don't want some shoddy repairs.
I looked at the Mechanics there and said, "hey, he says your work are shoddy repairs"
Just then, my lady boss came also, just to kepoh (busybody).
Me: Friend, we offer to repair but not to replace.
Cibai Bin: Look here. I am an "Accident Lawyer"
Me: So?
Cibai Bin: If we go to police, they will summon you, You will have to pay 300 bucks
Me: On appeal, we pay less ...
Cibai Bin: Then I will take a civil action and sue you, I will also sue you for loss of use of car, I also feared for my life when I was driving the car just now ...
Me:??? What? The bumper dropped and was not even dragging on the road??? What fear you talking about?
My boss: hey, between lawyers, why are you bringing in sue you in civil action and all that ... where has the courtesy gone
I was fuming mad and wanted to bash this Cibai Bin but having to behave in front of my boss, I decided to walk away and let my lady friend decide. She decided to not to go through all the trouble and just pay the lesser sum quoted by the other workshop.
My boss: you better pray hard that you don't hit into anyone of us in the future ...
Dude: sigh .... kam choon lei tei. Ching kau hei. Tiu kau hei. (Translation = You guys are so stupid. "do" him in. Fuck him")
Moral of the story: when you hit someone, pick your victims carefully.

No comments: